Welcome to All Saints’ Church Staplehurst Kent
All Saints’ Church Staplehurst Kent, stands on the top of the hill in the centre of the village and often referred to as the “Church on the hill”.
The Church is at the south end of the village just a short walk off the A229, a Roman road which forms the main high street. It dates from the early part of the last Millennium; the south door has been dated to around 1050 and displays some very fine early ironwork on it.
The church is said to have been built around 1100. It served the farms which evolved from dens or pasture land used by herdsmen from the area around Maidstone. It is older than the village.
The name Staplehurst was first recorded in 1226, although specific dens such as Spilsill and Aydhurst are mentioned in Anglo-Saxon charters.
Covid-19 and Services Update All Saints’ Church Staplehurst Kent
9:30 am Sunday Worship Service via Zoom
11:00 am Parish Communion Service in Church
Midweek Tuesday – Friday via Zoom, 9.30 am Morning Prayer and 5 pm Evening Prayer.
Daily Private Prayer in church 10 am – 4 pm
Code of Conduct for online services
All Saints PCC want everyone attending and participating in online services to be safe. The PCC, therefore, requests that all attendees adhere to the code of conduct below:
Everyone attending online services should:
- display a safe and appropriate background.
- alert other household members that they are attending an online service.
- ensure that clothing and language are appropriate for a public, all age event.
- keep microphones switched off unless requested to switch on.
- not reveal personal or sensitive information, passwords, etc online.
- ensure any children to be accompanied by adults visible in the room.
- be identifiable by their visible device name.
In addition, those leading and managing the service will ensure:
- anyone threatening the progress or safety of the service will be muted/blocked/removed.
- a leader or PCC member who has received safeguarding training is present.
- only those actively participating in services will be visible on any recording of service uploaded to YouTube.
- safety of online services to be reviewed regularly.
Church Fees and Churchyard Regulations updates can be found on our Downloads Page