About Us at All Saints’ Church Staplehurst
08:00 am BCP Holy Communion Service in Church communion offered in one kind but also simultaneously
9:30 am Sunday Worship Service via Zoom
11:00 am Parish Communion Service in Church we will sing one hymn at the end of the service and the
Midweek Tuesday – Friday via Zoom, 9.30 am Morning Prayer and 5 pm Evening Prayer.
Daily Private Prayer in church 10 am – 4 pm
We still observe social distancing, hand sanitizing, track & trace and we recommend the wearing of face masks.
See the latest Guidance from the Church of England regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19) here
Once at the C of E page you will find further information in the Frequently Asked Questions section.
9.30 am Sunday Worship via Zoom, later uploaded to YouTube. View 2021 services here.
11:00 am Parish Communion Service in Church
MIDWEEK Tuesday – Friday via Zoom
9.30 am Morning Prayer
5.00 pm Evening Prayer
Zoom ID for all services: 8365783814
10.00 am – 4.00 pm Private daily prayer in church
Returning to public worship in church
When we start the return to holding services in the church building, precautions need to be taken to ensure this is as safe is as possible.
If you are planning to attend a service in church, the PCC requests that you carefully read the following guidance beforehand:
- Only come to a service in church if you are feeling well, and there is no one in your home with Covid 19 symptoms
- Bring a facemask: you are requested to wear this when entering the church building and when standing and moving around.
- Enter the church through the usual, west door, or through the south door at the side.
- If others arrive at the same time as you, check you are respecting 2m social distancing as you queue. Please read any additional signs about H&S as you wait.
- On entering the church, thoroughly use the hand sanitiser provided.
- A Sidesperson will record your name and this will be kept for 21 days. Should you become ill with Covid 19 symptoms, please inform the parish office, so that track and trace procedures can be alerted to ensure the safety of all.
- You will be directed to sit at a wooden pew place marked with a green tick. Please bring your own cushion/blanket if required and take home with you.
- Instead of a collection plate being handed round, your contribution can be left in the plate as you leave. A contactless card reader is also available for donations.
- Stay seated during the service. If you wish to speak to anyone near you afterwards, remain seated.
- When you are ready to leave the church building both doors can be used: take care to do this observing social distancing, and whilst in the churchyard.
The church is open for Private Prayer
The church building is now open daily from 10 am – 4 pm for Private Prayer.
Should you wish to pray in the church, on entering the porch you are requested to use hand sanitizer and read the guidelines and restrictions for your own safety and that of others in this shared space.
Please sit in pews marked “in use” and follow physical distancing rules. Whilst the nave of the church is open, other areas remain closed.
All entrance doors will remain open: in adverse weather conditions, the church will be closed.
Mary Henley – Churchwarden (01580) 891225
All Saints’ Church Staplehurst is situated at the south end of the village on the A229, a Roman road that forms the main high street. It dates from the early part of the last Millennium; indeed the south door has been dated to around 1050 and has some very fine early ironwork on it.
The population of Staplehurst is now around six and a half thousand and at All Saints’ church, we seek to serve the whole village and not just those who come to our church. Our church is open seven days a week and many people come to pray there, using our votive candle stand near our side chapel. Our churchyard is still open for burials and is a place of peace for many visitors.
Style of Worship
We have a mixed rota of services at All Saints’ Staplehurst, with three each Sunday, including weekly 8.00 am. Communions and a 10.00 am. Eucharist on three Sundays each month, the other having an evening communion. On the first Sunday of the month, we have a family service at 10.00 am. Our evening services, 6.30 pm. include Parish Communion with Prayers for Healing, Compline, Taizé, Evensong & Contemplative Prayer.
Details of other church activities
Social/Fund raising activities
We have a very active social committee that arranges social events such as day trips to France, parish lunches, parish breakfasts, pancake parties, harvest supper, a trip to Bewl Water, Body Shop evening, and a rounders afternoon.
The Friends of All Saints’ Church Staplehurst, fund-raises for the maintenance of the church, through membership and events which have included a baptismal and confirmation exhibition, 70s quiz and Brain Game, Kent Police Band concert, “Last Night at the Proms”, Shepherds’ Market and on one occasion spearheaded the church fete.
Fund raising by Recycling
The PCC at All Saints’ has signed up with Recycle 4 Charity to raise funds for the Church through the recycling of inkjet cartridges and mobile phones.
Recycle your inkjet cartridges and mobile phones to help us raise much-needed funds through Recycle4Charity.co.uk
Links with Schools in the Parish
We have strong links with schools in the area. The Rector takes assemblies at Staplehurst Primary School.
All Saints’ supports charities on a monthly or tri-monthly basis. A proportion of these
Affiliation/links to other organizations/churches
The “Churches Together” in Staplehurst enables all churches in the village to work and worship together. Regular events include joint worship on the 5th Sunday at each church in turn; distribution of Easter and Christmas cards, detailing services within all four churches; and the organisation of the Christian Aid collection for Staplehurst.
We regularly visit the three nursing homes in the area where we hold Holy Communion services on a monthly basis.
There is a strong link with the Cheshire Home and the McCabe Centre in Staplehurst where there is an opportunity for a house communion each month.
Please see the notice board outside the Church for additional details of services.